Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Okay to say goodbye?

This blog has been such a huge part of my every day life for so many years now. Since we moved back to NJ and I am working, I found I don't need this crutch as much. I hesitate to close it because it is so dear to me.
I never started it to have thousands of readers a day. I was lonely and started this blog waaay before most people heard of "blogs". I had twin babies and a husband and was now in a new role as a stay at home mom after working my adult life.

Now my twins are starting second grade tomorrow and my baby is 2.5. I am working once again and trying to rebuild our lives like they were before E lost his job almost 3 years ago.

I don't want to let go but maybe I have to. Maybe it is something we all have to do with lots of things in our lives, but we need someone else to tell us it is okay first.

So, is it okay?

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you do what you must. Sometimes we just have to move on. Sometimes it's just to much with all that we aleady have to do. I know you'll be missed and you'll miss being here but only you can decide what it is you really want to do. I'll keep checking back and see what you've decided and how thngs are going.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering about you this morning as I was kind of doing this mental checklist of people I hadn't seen around for a bit, so that said, good to see you!

    Of course, here's where I'm also going to say you need to do what's right for you. I think this week, I've been blogging for four years. I have spent the greater part of this past year debating myself about just stopping. Life is busy, and the boys are involved in more things, and sometimes I think how many stories could I possibly have to tell. I just need to either take the step or, well, continue thinking about it! I've made some very nice friends with people here that I've never actually met, and I wonder if those relationships can be maintained if I quit writing. Then I think of how I've formed links with these people through other outlets, so I don't know what I'm worried about. Things just run their course, I guess. In the end, do what you need to to make YOU happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's OK to say good-bye. I did. It's also OK to say hello again after saying good-bye.

    ...I did.

    Whatever you do, as long as it's YOUR decision, it's OK.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me