Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Health

Well, that was an experience.

On a trip for a routine physical for the school our new pediatrician noticed L was wheezing and gave him some meds. Then some more and more even. When nothing worked they told E to go straight to the emergency room with him. That was last Wednesday and he finally came home yesterday morning.
Thank goodness he is all better and just has to follow up with the doctor next week. That was one of the scariest "parenting" times I have had these past seven years.
The first night we were in the hospital as L finally slept, I sat in the corner and cried. I cried for the parents who had to be in a hospital with kids much more sick than L, I cried for the parents who left without their little ones and I cried for my baby- that he would only get better not worse.
It is hard being a parent and these stressful, hard times are only made easier remembering that health is the most important thing in our lives. As long as we are all healthy in my little family, everything else can be dealt with and we can be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me