Saturday, December 05, 2009

Grinch

The holidays were so much easier before we had kids. If I didn't want to put up a tree, I didn't put up a tree. If I didn't want to decorate or bake cookies, I didn't. Not that this situation ever happened, I love Christmas, I love the baking, the smells, the parties, I love it all.

Until this year.
I don't want to decorate this house we are being forced from. Last year I wondered where we would put the tree in this house and how great it would be to decorate every room in this big, lovely home.
This year I don't want to do anything.

The kids have been asking when we will decorate, when we will get a tree, when, when when? E and I will force ourselves to decorate (but I will cut waaay back) and the kids and E will cut down a tree in the yard today.
I don't have the money to do the elaborate baking I would usually do, so that will have to be scaled back also.
It makes me not want to do it at all.

I know this season is about making memories and being with our family, and what is really important. I know.
I know it is my kids who will kick start my heart. I know it is for them, E and I will rally and get the spirit flowing. The deserve nothing less and they will get everything we can give them.

I just hope I can get the spirit going soon though, because I feel like a Grinch. And I would hate to have a heart two sizes too small.
That would be just more than I could take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me