Friday, January 15, 2010

And Life is Like An Hourglass, Glued To The Table

I have written before about how I have an on again- off again relationship with insomnia. It started after my father died and rears its ugly head whenever I have major stress issues. I could keep it at bay my with friend Ambien but no health insurance for a year? No Ambien.

Two weeks ago I decided to have a glass of wine before bed. I love a nice glass of wine once a week or so, but I don't usually have wine in the house anymore because we haven't had extra money for any extras.
That night I slept soundly! "It was the wine!" I yelled to E, the beautiful nectar of sweet, sweet grapes, how I love thee!

Now every night before bed I have a half of a glass of "night, night" juice and it helps tremendously.
The only problem is, if I depend on wine every night to go to bed, I will need more and more and eventually I will be a alcoholic.
This leads to the age old question: Would I rather be an alcoholic or an insomniac?

I will let you know later when I get home from the liquor store.

*********************
Yesterday was de-lurk day and I missed it because I am taking care of three kids, 2 cats, a house and, you know, drinking my wine.
LOTS of people visit this blog every day but why so few comments?
Leave a comment today and say hi, or ask me a question anything you want to know.
Tell me what your favorite show is or what kind of bra you are wearing.
Just gimme something!

21 comments:

  1. I know about the visitators and no comments. It's a bit disheartening. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    I love reading your blog, thank you for sharing. I plan on stopping by again and of course leaving a comment.
    Take care and have a super day. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nite juice, lol! I'm the newest follower from followfriday
    come follow both my blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my glass of wine to unwind when the kids are asleep....your blog is so cute.

    I am visiting you from Friday Follow and I am your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed de-lurk day also. BOO HOO!

    I am following your blog now : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed de-lurking day, too. Oh well!

    I'm stopping by for Follow Friday and I am so glad! Great blog and I'm a new follower. (I'm also a good commenter. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got any leftover wine?

    Happy de-lurk Tuez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:47 PM

    Here I am...your newest blog follower! Thanks for linking up at Friday Follow @ Midday Escapades. Happy escapes!

    ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I'm a new follower.... following via the Friday Follow....

    Instantly fell in love with your blog when I was greeted with "I want to be the girl with the most cake" :)

    I am so feeling ya on the night-night juice. I work so much now that I'm usually asleep before my head hits the pillow. OH how i miss my night-night juice...

    Luvd this article... Keep em coming :)

    Chandra @ Posh
    http://www.PoshBabyCouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha! I read your blog all the time but rarely if ever comment... anyway I love reading you and tune in often...

    bra - calvin klein t-shirt bra - I never thought I could wear calvin klein cause Im busty and normally they are teeny weeny BUT Im telling you - delightful. Most comfortable bra EVER! Love it and is my new favourite thing.

    anyway greetings from Vancouer... hope 2010 is your year

    ~ Danika :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the Friday Follow! Now a follower! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a new follower via Follow Friday! Isn't this a fabulous idea!

    Bethany

    Come visit me here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:15 PM

    hi i am a new follower -from friday follow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:04 PM

    http://mommiesgotfivechildren.blogspot.com/2010/01/follow-friday-ok-saturday.html

    Happy Friday Follow.
    I am following your blog publicly today!

    Rebecca Just a day late.
    Happy Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Following from Friday Follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. we call it mommy's juice. don't know about the bra. I think it is light lavender. sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely know what its like to get no comments. Wow you have been around a long time.

    Thanks for joining Follow Friday. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I hope you are having your glass of wine and relaxing, as we speak.

    I'm a new follower from the Friday Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww I don't know which is worse...the alcohol or insomnia.

    Here to follow from One 2 Try :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I mean they say wine is good for the heart right? maybe? Eh - sleep is important, do what you have to do to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous7:03 AM

    I've been reading your blog for a couple of years now. I can't remember how I came across it, but I've followed you through all of your trials and tribulations. My fiancée has been out of work for 8 months now and it has been hard living on just my teaching salary. I figure if you can make it through with 3 children and still survive, we will be OK too!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me