Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Elderly And Their Toast

I went to breakfast with my daughter today. We went to our local diner. Diners are a NJ staple and for those of you without diners in your life, I feel bad for you.
Open 24/7, order breakfast for dinner and get cheese fries with gravy on the side at 2am after a drunken night out- how do you live without it?

Anyway, old people love diners. Good food at a good value plus waitresses that will listen to you talk about your day? It is an old person's wet dream. Wait- do old people still have wet dreams?

I heard an old couple next to us complaining about their toast, it was not toasty nor buttery enough for them and I realized just how much old peeps like to complain.

It got me wondering, do octogenarian complain because they are fed up with even the littlest crap that goes wrong or does it just make them feel alive.
Yelling about toast may empower them and make them feel better about the fact that their pubes are grey.
Or that their bodies resemble a shar pei's face.

I am so not looking forward to that.

So the point of this post, if you can take anything from it ,is that diners rock and getting old sucks.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. Diners! Like on Gilmore Girls!! That's awesome. We don't really have many of those out here on the West Coast. At least not that I know of. I like the idea of them though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:23 PM

    YOU complain all the time and I asume you don't consider yourself old... WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, get thee to a diner!
    Anonymous, ever hear of sarcasm? What I will complain about now is you hiding behind 'anonymous'

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me