Friday, April 25, 2008

The Elderly

I was letting the kids watch television last Saturday morning (cartoons aren't the same anymore since they put them on all day everyday. I swear I LOVED Saturday mornings with all of the great cartoons and the smurfs were on for TWO hours! Talk about the best excitement you can get that ends at 12 noon! Cartoon network you ruin everything!)
This was what I heard in between some crappy commercial "Remember to call your grandparents or some other elderly person often!"

I had to call my mom and tell her that not only is she a Grandma to five but she is officially "elderly".
At least to the cartoon watching population.

She was so very pleased and asked me to never let the kids watch cartoons again.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I am going to call my mom right now and make her day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Wait, are you saying "Older THAN dirt" or "Older, THEN dirt" (like, then you turn to dirt)?

    I'm older than dirt, or as I like to put it... my kids are old, I'm just their mom.

    No matter what, getting older SUCKS but the alternative is worse!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me