Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Loosing My Mind

I am a glutton for punishment. I told E I would visit him with the kids this weekend since the kids are off from school.
What did I get myself into? Five and a half hours PLUS a stop with three kids. BY MYSELF!

I wish you guys could come over and calm me down or come with me.
Road Trip!
I have to calm down enough to try and find my duffel bag. Oh and pack for three kids and myself plus bottles, toys, blankets, snacks, formula, toothbrushes and other crap.

Pray for my soul, will you?
I am off to go study my instructions on how to put gas in your car, BECAUSE I LIVE IN NJ THE HOME OF SELF SERVICE GASOLINE, LIKE IT SHOULD BE EVERYWHERE.
HOLD ME, I HAVE NEVER PUMPED MY OWN GAS AND WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO MOVE TO N.H. AGAIN?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 AM

    You can do it!
    And have you SERIOUSLY never pumped gas before? I hate pumping gas and I am sooo envious!

    www.thepost-itplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fret about the packing - whatever you forget you can purchase at your destination. Focus on that "pumping the gas training" because until you have that down, you won't get very far! Good luck with that. You are the first person I've "met" who doesn't know how to pump gas. I don't know how to cut the grass, so we might be even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck!!
    I cant believe you have never pumped your own gas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little disappointed. I would have hoped you could have worked in a few more "self-pumping" references in this post. Other than that...GOOD LUCK on your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you people are crazy pumping your own gas!
    The nice men at teh gas station pump it for me, and even clean my windshields.

    There is no other way to live my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. was just in oregon and had to wait our turn to have our gas pumped for us. it took awhile!

    I like being able to whip in and out of the gas station on my own terms!

    Back in OK, while I was growing up, you could pull into "Self" or "full" service. I liked having a choice.

    I just did a road trip WITH hubs, 8 1/2 hours with 2 kids.

    Buy a few cheap items for older kids to play with, borrow a dvd player for the car, something to keep them entertained and out of your hair!

    Leave right after feeding baby. You can drive farther before stopping and hopefully he'll drift off to slumber by the time you get on the highway!!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your weekend went well...you are a brave woman!
    Also, I suck as a friend...how have I not been here since Wednesday???

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me