Tuesday, May 25, 2004

The Grocery Store

I hate food shopping. I hate coupon clipping, I hate that there seems to be nothing you want to eat there, I hate the teenage girl that is too friggin slow at the register and the fact that she has time to have a conversation with other teenage cashiers on my time. I HATE the people who sit there & watch their little packages go down the conveyer belt, pile up at the bottom and jam up the entire scan/bag/place in cart system. They wait for the poor teenage cashier to bag their shit. I hate that!! How lazy can you be?! Bag your shit man (in my experience it is the common occurance of the middle aged man but I have seen middle aged women at fault), you see me standing there waiting for you but you think you are better then me or anyone else in line. I have news for you, you are not.
Every time I go to the grocery store it is riddled with old people. I like old people I swear, but I would really like them to shop at the crack of dawn when they get up, not at high noon where people are trying to get lunch & eat it on a strict 60 minute time line or when people who just worked a long day are just trying to pick up a nutritious meal for the ones that they love. They clog up the isles, walking slow, oblivious to anyone else around them, having a 2 hour conversation with their shopping mate about which bran bread is better.
Do you lose brain cells when you enter the store? Any sense of manners, urgency, common courtesy flies out the window? Why do you not know that baby B is a girl? She is dressed from head to toe in pink, which I assume is a dead give away, but alas, I get more "what a cute fellow/sweet boy" than I know what to do with. it boggles the mind.
I hate that store, but I will be back, with the masses, next week.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:14 AM

    I live right around the corner from a supermarket that is a little more high priced than the others but the service is awesome and the cashier and bagger do NOT chat about their personal life!!
    I cringe when I go to other supermarkets and I am waiting and waiting and the cashier is snapping on her gum and lisping due to a tongue piercing and the bagger is putting cans on top of my bread!!!! and they are chatting about the night before.
    Ya sos I says "Hey did you like sleep with her like the other night? and he goes, "What like me? No f*& way! Who said I did? Just cuz I was like wasted I didn't do no shit like that."

    No way! He like said that????

    Ya, sos then I said, Well I know for sure that you did this........

    and on and on it goes. Ya know what??? Bag my damn groceries and stop telling me your personal life!!!! Is that too much to ask??????????? That just makes me so mad!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:03 AM

    The first thing that came into my head when I read your post was "Can I get an Amen?!" I think that's all the same shit that irritates most of us.

    Julie
    http://blog.greatvalleydaycare.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me