Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Randomness

It is a rainy day here in NJ. The gloom and rain had me wanting to stay in bed all day but I heard my son coughing downstairs and coughing and coughing.
Why do coughs linger forever? Why don't cough medicines ever work?

I have a lot of cleaning to do today and I am already on my fourth load of laundry. My in laws are arriving tomorrow (cue scary music).

They will be staying at my sister in laws house mostly, just one night here with us I think. They want to spend time with our kids but my sister in law lives about an hour away so I don't know how often that is going to happen.

I have to finish my grocery shopping this afternoon, I am in the mood for potato leek soup. And snacks, definitely snacks, after all tonight is the last episode of LOST until February!
I am going to get the shakes.

6 comments:

  1. One advantage to having in-laws live in the same town: they can go to their own damn house to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Thanks for visiting me!

    There is something about random semi-boring days that makes the world slow down just a little. I kind of like that concept. Life is too fast normally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD so true!
    Dana, you are right but with s sick (ish) kid it is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:46 AM

    potato and leek soup is really easy to make! Just blend it and add seasonings. WOOLAH!! I miss NJ! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Ok, can you be MORE like me? Wanting comfort food - kids are sick. And LOST! OMG. Put up my feet and call me riveted! My in-laws are a few towns away - it's MY family that lives on the other side of the state. And that is A-O-K! lol

    Take good care! And save some soup for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:13 AM

    Ummm, potato leek soup.

    Good luck w/the in-laws. Better you than me.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me