Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Tips, please

I was in this ice cream place last week and I bought two small cups of ice cream a vanilla and a coffee lovers. The bill was $7 and change. I almost died. When the babies and I were leaving someone else came in & bought a bunch of stuff to go, when she left the workers yelled that they got a tip & broke into a song. Some song about scooping ice cream all day. I had to get out of there when that shit went down.
When I was driving home I was thinking about how I didn't see a tip jar there. Then I was thinking how far is this tip thing going? I am a good tipper and never things twice about tipping my hairstylist, manicurists, valet guys, shampooer etc. But where does it end? Should I tip people just for doing their job? Should I tip my grocery bagger or my mail man every day?

I think I should get tips from the babies. I feed & clean up after them all day. I should get some tips based on my performance. I should get at least $2 for each dirty diaper I change. I mean, the poop sometimes, man, is unreal. I sometimes do 4-5 a day. Of just poop. That is for a whole other post though.


3 comments:

  1. yeah I want tips too! Let's start a movement so then it will become just like tipping your waiter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cute MN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kills me at Dunkin Donuts. I order 1 coffee. The girl makes it. I take it. Why am I tipping her? Was it very difficult to hit the creamer and pour the coffee? Am I paying for the ice in my ice coffee? Can't she scoop it without a tip???? DAMN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me