Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Misc.

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. Every summer one of my Aunts comes down to visit and brings my Grandmother.
I see my Grandmother often, but that is when I go home and visit her, she only comes here once a year because I don't get that many visitors and when my family does come they sleep over and spend the weekend. My Grandfather would never part with his wife for that amount of time, so she only makes a day visit once a year.

I love my Grandmother dearly, she is one of the most important people in my life. To have her here in the house I made with my husband and playing with my kids makes me proud and very happy.
I hope she lives forever because when she dies, I know I will never be the same.


****************************************
I really need a manicure. That is one of those cheap things that just makes a woman feel so much better about life. A manicure and pedicure is just heaven and, men, I highly suggest you make a nice appointment for your wife every once in awhile if she doesn't go herself. You will get BIG bonus points.

Manicures are one of those things I just can't do myself very well. I never can paint my nails as well or get my cuticles in line.
I am also strange about my color choices. I like darker colors for my toes and lighter colors for my nails. In the winter I will wear darker colors on my nails sometimes, but I generally prefer light colors. I am not a red girl. I occasionally try to wear red, but it really isn't my color.
I also only use essie nail polish because I think OPI peels on me.

I think a manny/peddy is in order for this week. I think I will make an appointment right now.

5 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to go for a mani/pedi. I love my nails, but like you, I'm just no good at doing it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about your grandmother. I lost mine about 7 years ago and my heart still aches at times to this day. She was the best and I am sorry that neither one of my children will get to know and love her the way I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother passed when I was five, she was the last survivng grandparent from both sides. It must be a nice feeling when you get to see her.
    I see the way my son's eyes light up when he see's my mother, it must be the same...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could sure go for a pedicure right about now....

    And I miss my grandma- she's in NJ and I'm in FL- I should really call her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do my own nails, it's cheaper! LOL Unfortunately they don't stay nice long with all the diapers, cleaning house and doing dishes I'm always doing. It is nice though to be pampered at the salon!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me