Sunday, June 17, 2007

Today

Today, I just miss my Dad.

I feel bad for E because I will never celebrate this day the way he deserves it to be celebrated, because he is a wonderful dad.
I just want mine back.

It will never be OK, it will never be the same, it is what it is and it is with me all the time. It makes me who I am today and I am proud I am so strong.
It is my mantra, I will repeat it to myself all day as I go to the beach he took me as a girl, the one with all of the beautiful memories. I will veil my tears from my family as I make new memories.
I will go on, because how could I not?

4 comments:

  1. Right there with you honey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry - it must be so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 AM

    I'm so sorry. I hope you had a chance to revisit the beach and all the memories it holds.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me