Thursday, February 07, 2008


So, I am home and recuperating. I still don't feel 100%, probably because I didn't sleep from last tuesday night until Monday night in the hospital when the doctor finally gave me a sleeping pill. I was going on 4-5 hours of sleep a day and that was not in a row. I felt like I already had the baby.
I also was not eating and I have lost about 9 pounds in the past 8 days. I was very sick.

The baby is doing great, measuring right on target at 34 weeks. I had daily stress tests for the baby and even one sonogram. He or she is healthy, and thriving despite what I was dealing with.

I missed my kids so much while I was at the hospital. My mother came and stayed here from Thursday night until Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness she did. I didn't want the kids coming to the hospital and without any babysitters or cargivers I wouldn't even have had the few visits with E or my Mom as I did. I was lonely and bored.
I finally let the kids come to the hospital for the first time on Sunday. When it was time for them to leave R looked at me and said "but you will be all alone here Mommy". It broke my heart, I turned away quickly and tried to hide my tears, I didn't want her to see how lonely I was. She is such a sweet girl. L told me I was beautiful even with my oxygen up my nose and even in the hospital.
Now if that didn't make me feel 100% better, nothing would have!
I wish docors thought more about the mind/body/spirit thing, because I wasn't doing anything in the hospital that I couldn't have done at home. My oxygen levels were at a 94 resting and when my kids came to visit they were at the highest they had ever been- 97.
I go tomorrow morning for a check up and I hope to get off this stupid oxygen!


  1. Kristi1:25 PM

    Ok, I got choked up reading this post!!! OMG L's comment must have just made your heart swell, while R's is so thoughtful. Your kids seem wonderful!

    I'm glad things are going so well and hope that your health continues to improve!

  2. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, but glad the baby's thriving.


Talk to me