Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School

Today my babies started preschool!
I have mixed feelings today, I am proud and happy for them and also sad they are so big and a little melancholy about being without them four hours, two days a week.
I think it will be good for all of us to get away from each other for a little while each week and it will be a great learning experience for them.

They did great, we brought them into their classroom, they saw their teacher and some boys were already in class. They showed their teacher their lunch and didn't want to put their lunch boxes in their cubby, they wanted to hold onto it.
My daughter was fine, she was surrounded by all the boys but my son was a little unsure. "Are you staying?" he said "no, Mommy will go home to wait for your school to be over then I will come and pick you up" I told him.
"ok, Mommy". I kissed him and hugged him and E bent down to hug him and seeing my tall husband kissing his children goodbye on their first day of school, made me lose it.
I started to cry.

I feel like it was yesterday that they were kicking up a storm in my stomach and today they are little people with their own desires and needs. They boss E & I around, they know what they want and when they want it, they know so much already but to me they will always be my small babies.

I can't wait for them to get home to tell me how their day was, and all the things they did today. I am sure I will grill them because I want to know everything.
After all, they still are my babies and always will be.

2 comments:

  1. That squishy feeling in your guts? Oh yeah. I know it well. It makes me a little worried about the first time my son actually wants me to drop him off on the corner so his friends won't see him with his mommy. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, your post brought tears to my eyes. Is it wierd to tear up just thinking about when I will have to go through that a few years? I am going to be a mess!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me