Friday, January 02, 2009

2009

The starting line, the first, the unexpected lay ahead.
I kind of like the idea of the first day of the new year. Like you can make anything possible, every year behind you is dead, this is the one that counts.
Firsts are always good aren't they? First kisses, first loves, first time you see your child, first steps, first day at school, first cars, first real smiles, first time you realize you did it without help. I really can't think of a bad first, everyone leads to a new understanding, every one makes you, you.
They are all wonderful.


Do we always appreciate the wonder of firsts? Of course not. Without the darkness you can't have a sunrise.
This past year was a hard one for my family, we took a big hit and almost lost it all. If the world is one big ferris wheel of karma, we should be on our way back up to the horizon.
As I look up over this big world from the top, I will be able to say, I made it through, I did what I never thought I could do, and this is my first look on the other side.
I am going to take this year by the balls.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope you have a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 AM

    I agree with you. There's something amazing about the new year. My favorite part of the new year is getting a new calendar. That sounds dorkier than I thought it would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhhhhh!!!! That is awesome. Here's to the best year ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Grab 2009 by the balls and have a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me