Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Recipe

Here is the my chili recipe, it is so easy:

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. Ground beef
1 lb. italian sausage -however spicy you choose
1 lb. mushrooms
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup of beer ( any brand)
2 small cans tomato paste1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can whole tomatoes
1 large can tomato sauce

Then the spice is all to taste, I add chili powder, Franks Red Hot Sauce, a couple of pepperocinis sliced and a little of the liquid.

Just brown the meat, garlic and onion in the pot then add the rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat & let it simmer for at least 3 hours.

I also make this with just turkey meat for my partly vegetarian sister-in-law.

Let me know if anyone makes this & enjoys it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:54 AM

    Your sister in law is not "partly vegetarian". She's just picky. That's fine, we all have our preferences, but when she says she is partly vegetarian - it's like saying you were a "little bit pregnant". It makes no sense.

    A vegetarian version would use a soy mince like textured vegetable protein, or some other vegetable mince - or just the beans.

    I am a strict vegetarian and I don't eat anything that isn't a plant. It's part of a philosophy called "Ahimsa" - look it up sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me