Friday, December 15, 2006

How Many Days Until Christmas?!??

The picture will be up this weekend I promise. I have just been busy and I have even been to Target already this morning and spend over $100 and I still didn't really get anything.
How does that happen??

It seems all the gifts I want this year are hard to find, impossible even.
Just my luck.

I swear I had a point to this post. I lost it with my sanity.

Today is my Father's birthday so I will take the kids with me to the cemetery and then I will go visit with my stepmother, brother and sister. We will exchange gifts with the kids and it will be nice to hang out with them since we won't see them Christmas Eve this year.

I officially sent out my Christmas cards this morning. Finally.
They aren't that great and DD was right, I should have sent out the one with them on Santa's lap. If you haven't seen it yet look here.

Finally if any of you have my new blog on your blogroll let me know because I will
A) thank you
B) add you to my blogroll also.

5 comments:

  1. May I ask you a serious question? How do you explain (or do you) to your children about your Father? I've taken my son when I go to the cemetary, but I still haven't figured out what to say without either scaring him (b/c I usually cry) or confusing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Father died when they were 13 months old. They see pictures of my Father next to my bed or in their photo albums, they know he is Grandpa and they know he is in heaven.
    Do they understant God or heaven or death? No, they do have some books on death my mother bought when our dog died int he spring but they don't get it.

    My daughter will say "you miss your Daddy?" because when we look at a picture together, I cry. She shows more empathy and senses I am sad.

    really I explain what I can, usually when I go to the cemetary my kids are sleeping in the car, so I don't have to explain his body being in the ground but today will be different. They haven't been there in months and with each passing day they have more questions.

    It is a very hard thing to teach them about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I am so not ready to deal with that. I hope you have a good day Tuesday- I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:36 AM

    My husband's father passed away when Tim was 2 and Dylan was 1 month old. My Cassidy was born two years later. We haven't taken them to the cemetery because my husband has a hard time dealing with that kind of stuff and doesn't go that often. I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

    BTW, I added your new blog to my blogroll. I'm all for promoting the good sites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:34 AM

    Everytime I go to target, even if it's just for toilet paper, it's always at least a $100 trip. I hate that store. (Just kidding, Target. I heart you. Don't leave me!)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me