Thursday, June 22, 2006

Out With The Old and In With the New

Water heater that is. We are the proud owners of a new 40 gallon water heater. Not that we needed one, ours was just fine if you liked a swimming pool for a basement. It was great if you didn't mind your beautiful, expensive new rug that was never even put down yet, all wet and ruined.

When we had this house inspected two years ago, the inspector told us that we have another 5-6 years with this water heater.
He was off about 4 years.

E installed the massive device himself, I am really proud of him. It is amazing how much money they want to charge to install it, more then the water heater itself! That kind of money makes anyone go crazy, like deciding to install it yourself.
With me as his wing man.
I make a terrible wing man.

It took him ALL DAY to install it, through several renditions of "Dad, the builder can he fix it? Yes he can!!" from the kids and me almost falling down the basement steps to my death.

The water heater money was formally known, for a brief time, as the kid's swim lesson money. But as with anything in this house, if you get a little extra money and want to do something to better yourself, or the kids, it gets swiftly taken away from some other "emergency".
Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. "Dad the builder..."
    God, Tuesday, I'm going to have htis song stuck in my head all day now. :D
    Hope you didn't break your ass when you almost fell, I've had "almost" falls but still end up hurting something...I'm just a clutz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should just consider the money redesignated as "Water Money" pertaining to any and all things related to water. Swimming...yes. Water heater...yes! I have learned over years of "well there goes that..." how to justify any purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me