Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Rock It!!!!

Well, today is the day. Today is the day I have been waiting for. I have had a knot in my stomach for days. I am nervous. Whatever the outcome (although I think you know who I would like you to vote for) just get out and vote.
Especially the women. We had to fight for the right, it was not given to us, we had to come together and fight for the right to be equal to men. We wanted a voice and we finally got one, now go out and use it. We are the ones to bare the grunt of this decision. We are the ones who bare the children who have to breathe in this polluted air we make. We are the ones to stay home and work and raise our children when our husbands go off to war. We are the ones whose heart brake into pieces as our sons go off to fight a war that they were drafted into. We are the single mothers just trying to make it on a shitty minimum wage. We are the ones who innocently lost our lives as one of the thousands of civilians who perished by American hands in Iraq.
We are the ones who can turn this world around. Every vote counts.


It is going to be a long day. Lets hope the outcome is a better, stronger, more admired and unified America.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it any better!! I voted and I am so proud to wear my little "I voted" sticker today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I didn't get a sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 92 I was 1-0
    In 96 I was 1-0-1
    In 00 I was 1-1-1
    In 04 I am 1-2-1

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me