Monday, November 08, 2004

Thanksgiving

I called my mother & my sister to see what we should do for the holidays. My sister's in laws are so annoying when it comes to the holidays and have no consideration that I live 1.5 hours from my entire family & perhaps my sister would like to see me and my family on a holiday.
My mother & sister agreed we should all do our own thing for Thanksgiving & Christmas would be at my Mom's. At first I was ok with that because I would rather see my family on Christmas then Thanksgiving, but that means E & I would have Thanksgiving alone here. That is a semi depressing idea to me. I could go to my Aunt's house but it is 2 hours away and with twins those car rides aren't always easy. Plus it is so crowded there.
My mother offered to come down the day after Thanksgiving and cook a whole turkey day meal for us, but that is not the same. I think I would be sad here alone with the babies and E.

As for Christmas, I still haven't ruled out going away for the week. I wanted to have a holiday here this year in my new house. I am a good cook and I love to entertain. I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself today.
I am having a pity party and you are all invited.

3 comments:

  1. Want some company? We'll be over your way then. I'm more than happy to incorporate a "Turkey tour" into my Blog World Tour. :)

    What's for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DQ, you are always welcome here. As a matter of fact, you should move here, I need a friend in this town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our best Thanksgivings was when there was nobody but the four of us. Now we do what we can to have it that way... no extended family. I thought it would be lonely, too. It was so incredibly fulfilling instead!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me