Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Period.

I am tired this morning. I am always tired when I first get my period (tmi? Well hold on to your hats because I am delving deeper) It drains me. Plus since my miscarriage my period has been MUCH heavier then before and lasts longer. Isn't it enough that I miscarried triplets, now I have to have my period longer?!

Today I am going to my hometown to have a little visit with my friends. One of them is due with her first child in a couple of weeks and we are giving her a small party since she didn't want a shower.
I made a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and ganache icing, and I hope it is good. I think i overcooked the cake a bit but I am hoping by keeping it cold combined with the filling will keep it soft and moist.

Our goldfish has been with us for three months. Isn't that long for a goldfish to live? Perhaps we are holding some sort of record here and we don't even know it!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:35 AM

    Ugh, periods. Yay. I've been trying to skip mine (balance hormones, prevent migraines) which means that for 1.5 months I have nothing, and then for 1.5 months I "spot". Super fun. Hope yours go back to normal soon!

    That is strange about the goldfish though. I had a betta that lived for like a year and a half once.. had I known they lived that long I wouldn't have gotten one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there such a thing as "bad" cake? Hmmm. I think not.

    That was definitely not TMI about your period. I actually thought you were going to take it a little further, you_who_shares_vibrator_secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:07 AM

    I've had real bad periods since having my 3 anklebiters, and my tubal.

    Have a lovely time with your friends - and I agree with dd - no cake is bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmcake.

    And perchance, did you get the goldfish through some adversarial means? Like ... for instance ... a carnival at school? Those stupid things live forever, and you only agree to get them because you think they'll live a week, tops. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the right environment, a goldfish can life about 10-15 years.

    I'm period free and proud of it. (is there where all you women beat the shit out of me?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a goldfish in college for two years...I even brought him home on the train in his bowl, they are sturdy little suckers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should try seasonale or whatever it is called, you know when you only get your period every 3 months. I've been meaning to get it myself, but haven't yet.

    Enjoy yourself and try to eat A LOT of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:44 PM

    I feel you on the period thing. Remember, chocolate is medicinal (and so is cake).

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me