Friday, January 19, 2007

SAHM

Fridays just are not the same since I became a SAHM. Sure the weekends are better because E is home to help, but Fridays don't hold the same uniqeness they had before.

Another thing about being a SAHM is that I never know what the date is. What is todays date? I don't know, I think it is somewhere in the high teens maybe 18th?

Also? I ate better when I was working. I always ate lunch because there was a designated lunch time and a cafeteria with yummy foods and a million places to eat around my building. Now I am lucky if I eat one thing around 11 am, lets call it brunch.
Although I cook dinner alot more now. Before we had kids we would eat our every Friday and Saturday night. At nice restaurants that do not have crayons for kids. We were DINKS then so what can you do?

I am glad that I decided to stay home with my kids, I am so happy I shared all the firsts and seconds with them. I cannot believe it has been four years already and although I loved my job and miss it, I would miss them even more.

Come on over to my parenting site and read my open letter to my twins on their fourth birthday.

7 comments:

  1. I'm there with you! I'm surprised you even know the date is in the teens...I think I'm still back on January 5. Sometimes, I'll be writing a check or something that I have to put a date on, and I may have the right DAY-say, July 12-but then I'll put the year as 1989! I am so serious here! And I wasn't even a SAHM then! lol!

    Every weekday is the same, then you get the weekends, which are about the same every weekend...it's like living in a 7 day cycle.

    And I have to say that I just love your blog! You have a great sense of humor and it's not a 'perfect mommy' blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wait to be a SAHM...someone should have told me that it can be damn boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are speaking about my life! I rarely know the date, and I definately don't look forward to Fridays like I used to, lol... I still wouldn't trade it for anything though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely remember that when I was a SAHM - my husband would be so glad it was Friday and I would be like, um, with my job there is no weekend, I work 7 days a week, so shove your smile where the sun don't shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here...I seriously never know what date it is! Too funny....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love being a sahm, but yeah, there are times where i am so bored that it hurts. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I want to be a SAHM full time right now I do that part time and work part time.
    I see a difference in me when I stay at home. I am more relaxed and the evenings are filled with far less stress since I am not trying to cram so much into a short period of time. I would probably give my right arm to be a SAHM but at the moment I need it to work so I can help my hubby get out of the debt we have gotten ourselves into.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me